I am pleased to announce the publication of the U.S. Department of Energy’s 2016 National Algal Biofuels Technology Review, which captures major advancements in the field of algal biofuels research and development. This most recent publication articulates new challenges, lessons learned, and critical next steps. I served as a subject matter reviewer for the 2016 edition.
The Advanced Algal Systems team at the Energy Department’s Bioenergy Technologies Office (BETO) hosted multiple public workshops, worked closely with research partners, and received insightful review and comment from more than 76 independent subject matter experts to ensure that the content of this report is comprehensive, cutting-edge, and an accurate snap-shot of the state of the emerging algal biofuels industry.
The 2016 National Algal Biofuels Technology Review covers the following subject areas:
- Algal Biomass, Genetics, and Development
- Algal Cultivation
- Resources for Algal Research
- Harvesting and Downstream Processing
- Extraction of Products from Algae
- Algal Biofuel Conversion Technologies
- Systems and Techno-Economic Analyses
- Commercial Products
- Resources and Sustainability
- Distribution and Utilization
Leave a Reply